Friday, January 4, 2019

Neoconservative hippy chick

I fell in love with a hippy chick
From a commune in West Virginia
She dug my gold and my red Honda stick-shift
Ignored my six-pack liver and rubbed my six-pack abs
We made love and designed advertising
Followed some gurus good bad and ugly
Did Iyengar teacher training and worked on poses
Adopted cats and bought a Siamese
We traveled and worked and fucked then made a baby
I shook my head with a tic as I translated
Procrastinated endlessly and had visions at night
Guarded the baby with my soul and my life
Fought his mom then for my sanity
Got sober but found myself miserable and defeated
Didn't like her games but played along
All the for the child's sake
While this precious human life grew older and lesser
The lap of luxury became a wind-blasted prison
An Elba isle in the Borscht Belt buckle
Stunted and pompous I found myself alone
Surrounded by demons pretending to be Buddhists
I raged and ran long distances at night
Told and retold the story to the air
Found the sprites and nagas of nature
Smiling in rocks, trees and whispering in air
Became a footloose wraith with a dangerous mind
Lost the boy, and the man, but discovered a mine
Winding and wimpering and praying till it hurt
Somewhere the She took pity and sent Her
The Queen of Green, barefoot and free
Holding this boy clueless but lucky
Now he remains singing her praises
Forgotten but not lost to the air.
At the confluence of waters, on ridge spurs
On outcrops, in caves, in high-altitude lakes
In old temples and underground
At the ruins of ancient holy places,
In thin air, in the sky or in space
Somewhere the secrets are hidden
Hidden but not that rare.


3 comments:

  1. sandylotus2000@yahoo.com

    How are you doing these days ?
    Would love to talk to you more
    Sometimes I want to go into homelessness
    I can taste it
    But I’m afraid.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am busy travelling again. Bless my friends who tolerate my peripatesis. William S. Burroughs said, "Nothing is real. Everything is permitted." Everything is permitted, but some choices are just destructive. Problem with "real" homelessness is, it shortens one's life. Same as cigarettes, booze and other choices...live long and prosper!

      Delete
  2. yes mean... "Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted"

    ReplyDelete