Monday, July 9, 2018

Hello Mahasiddhas

Bright in the yellow sun of June morning
In a hazy quiet stifle of pre-monsoon plains
Choking in the heat of dust and toil
I and all beings of Mother Jambhudvip
Remember, deeply remember you
Ladies and lords of Secret Mantra
Pilots and attendants of Mahamudra
You, great beings of before
Monks and sadhus
Brahmins and whores
Laborers and salesman
Artists, craftsmen, housewives
With great longing I prostrate to you,
My innermost heart,
Companions and teachers
Who birthed me countless times,
Fed me and spanked me
Taught and guided me into
Inconceivable luminous space,
The realm of the true heart of sadness
Always I remember you inseparably
No time but the present can divide
Or unite us ever again
Body speech and mind the sweet
Jasmine of lineage pervades here and now
As soon as I reach out
Touching the hem of your robe,
Your sari or pantaloon
Always be a refuge to this heart-son
I pray.

No comments:

Post a Comment